Contributing to GBFS¶
GBFS is an open source project developed under a consensus-based governance model. Contributors come from across the shared mobility industry, public sector, civic technology and elsewhere. Anyone can propose a change to the specification by opening a pull request on the GBFS GitHub repository.
All change proposals are subject to the GBFS governance process.
- The proposal must remain open for a period of time to allow the committee to give feedback and iterate on the proposed change.
- Once a consensus is reached, the change goes to a vote.
- At least 3 votes in favor, and none opposed, are required for the change to be adopted. One vote must be from a data producer and one from a data consumer. The party proposing the change is not eligible to vote.
- When a vote passes, the change becomes part of a Release Candidate.
- Once both a data producer and a date consumer have implemented the change, the Release Candidate becomes an official version release.
The full text of the project governance process can be found on the project GitHub repository.
Comments and Questions¶
Comments or questions can be addressed to the community by opening an issue on the project GitHub repository. Proposals for changes or additions to the specification can be made through GitHub pull requests.
Contributing to this site¶
Alternatively, you can provide feedback on this site by using the form below.
- Specification and technical questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Documentation needs: email@example.com
- Join MobilityData's public slack channel
This site is maintained by MobilityData, a Canadian non-profit that aims to broaden adoption and increase the functionality of the GTFS & GBFS data formats.
MobilityData accelerates the development and adoption of mobility specifications by providing technical know-how and tools. We also create new specifications, host training, and develop working groups in response to the mobility industry’s needs.
Learn more at mobilitydata.org.
Except as otherwise noted, the content of this site is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.